EREMO PRIVATE HOSPITAL

Cardiac, motor and neuromotor rehabilitation

Facility with certified quality system
image
deenit
 

PRIVATE HOSPITAL

About us

The building that houses the hospital was built in 1887. On 19th April of that year, the Council Chief of Romarzollo (now a district of Arco) sent this letter to the office of the district Captain’s Headquarters:
“Implicito Imperial Regio District Captaincy in Riva del Garda.
…although it had been decided not to hold any solemnities, nonetheless, should it please His Imperial and Royal Highness, the Most Serene Archduke Karl Salvator, Prince of Tuscany to honour us with his august presence at the Municipality, and attend the laying of the first stone, also being so gracious as to assist at the event itself and to speak a few words, not only to express his satisfaction but to add his good wishes for the prosperity of this Municipality, which is being built by grace of its eminent climatic qualities, as a new spa resort…”

Hotel Erzherzog Albrecht

On 27th June 1887, the District Captaincy informed the Municipal Council that His Majesty Imperial Regia, Most Serene Archduke Albert had granted permission for this new hotel to bear his name. The building was opened in November 1888.

 

In 1929, the building was bought by the Società Eremo di Arco. It was renovated and opened as a sanatorium, and on 25th November 1932, permission was given for the addition of 84 beds. Doctor Ugo Crosina, member of the Società Eremo, decided to name the institute after “Pio Foà”, his illustrious professor of anatomy and pathology at Universities of Modena and Turin, member of the National Accademia dei Lincei and senator of the kingdom of Italy in 1908.

 

The sanatorium had to change its name in 1943, when, after 8th September, the German forces occupied the area, forcing Dr. Crosina to remove the name “Pio Foà” because it was Jewish.

Eremo: in the past

After the war, the building was extended and its capacity increased to up to 130 beds.

 

From the 1970s, with the drop in respiratory diseases, the hospital began to offer care to long-term patients.

 

The Eremo private hospital then began to specialise in a new direction: rehabilitation, as authorised and accredited on 23rd December 1993 by the Committee of the Autonomous Province of Trento, in resolution no. 19227.

Eremo: today

 

Today, it offers cardiac, motor and neuromotor rehabilitation.

 
P.Iva 00681710224 | capitale sociale, interamente versato, è di € 3.120.000. | Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy
© 2014 Casa di Cura Eremo